Monday, September 10, 2007

Maternity Leave: Day 1

"The time has come. The time is now.
Just go. Go. Go! I don't care how.

You can go by foot. You can go by cow.

You can go on stilts.You can go by fish.

You can go in a Crunk-Car if you wish." - Dr. Seuss


I was hopeful that I would be able to begin maternity leave as a new mommy, but, of course, our little Irish girl is being stubborn for sure! So, little Tazby, I'm getting ready to send you your official eviction notice. Don't get me wrong. I have loved having you the last 9 months, but I know you're running out of room since you've expanded to taking up residence in my ribs and you have a lot of people out here who are so excited to meet you, especially your mom and dad.

I'm glad to not have had to take the train into work this morning. It certainly is more comfortable sitting in my own living room than at my desk, but I have a feeling that this day is going to drag on as I try to find things to occupy my time and encourage my water to break and contractions to start. And I know it's tough for Timmy having to be at work an hour away from me in case something happens. So, send me some labor dust! I think I'll go eat some pineapple now...

No comments: