Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I'm still here!

Sorry everyone, it's been a bit since I posted. Things have been so busy around here that I just haven't been able to get my act together (maybe I was just too wrapped up in the Red Sox sweeping the Yankees), but I'm happy to be finding some time now. Since you last heard from me, I have officially hit my half way mark in this pregnancy. I'm currently 20 weeks and 6 days. I've started feeling our little girl moving all the time. I keep being told I'm in the "honeymoon phase" of my pregnancy. I'm over the morning sickness and have yet to get too big as to be constantly uncomfortable or swollen. I think maybe they have a point. I do feel great. I have my share of back pains and I have definitely "popped" and am really showing now. Some girls at work have even started tracing my growing belly every 2 weeks. It's absolutely horrifying, but they've promised that "I will love it" after I have the baby (I sure hope so or else it's really not worth it).

So, back to my very active daughter. Feeling your baby move is one of the craziest feelings anyone can ever experience as far as I'm concerned. Part of it is absolutely wonderful knowing that your baby is in there (I mean, obviously I know she's in there, but this is a very tangible reminder). And despite how wonderful it is, sometimes it makes me feel like there's an alien in my stomach trying to break out. Either way, I can't say that I don't smile everytime I feel her so I certainly have nothing to complain about. Now I can't wait until she starts kicking hard enough for Timmy to feel her too. I'm already predicting she's got a great running future ahead of her with her daddy as a coach!

I actually predicted we had a little gymnast in there since I saw her do flips at our first ultrasound around 13 weeks (despite Timmy's insistance that we really didn't have the genes for that with his amazon like height and my complete lack of coordination), but I guess we'll just have to see! It was also nice to have the doctors all reconfirm this week that it is indeed a girl...it even made me feel better being able to see "the money shot" for myself on the ultrasound screen. It just nice to be able to see her thriving in there

So that's all the exciting news for now. I'm already working on my next post now about my feelings on The Nest and other mommy bloggers. Keep checking back in for baby Parcell updates!

No comments: