Saturday, April 14, 2007

The Origins of Tazby

Warning: This is not a sex ed post. If you don't know how babies are made, you are definitely not ready for my blog. Simply click here and please return and read away once you've familiarized yourself a bit more with the process. With the rate at which this pregnancy is progressing, I really don't have time to regress all the back there.

So, as you may have noticed in previous posts, my husband and I refer to our little one as TAZBY. Let me clarify, since I have been asked this question on several occasions, we do not actually plan on naming our child Tazby. What kind of horrible parents do you think we're going to be? My first goal in motherhood is not to (intentionally) traumatize my poor child for the rest of her life. This is the same reason that we refuse to name her a normal name with some crazy spelling variation as is so popular these days. We're really just not horrible parents-to-be. We do have a lovely name all picked out that we will be more than happy to announce at her birth, but for now, she's just our little tazby.

I don't think I'm mentioned this before, but when I first began dating my husband, he decided that I had been missing out all my life because I had never had a nickname growing up. I, of course, clearly didn't know that I was being deprived of anything (Lisa doesn't usually come with many nicknames), but for this reason, he began calling me Zuzu. For those who don't know (don't worry, I know most of you won't), Zuzu is the name of the little daughter of Jimmy Stewart in It's A Wonderful Life (you know, the one who says the thing about how angels get their wings every time a bell rings?). Anyway, apparently our mutual blond ringlets made my husband decide that this would be a perfect nickname for me. Well, the name stuck so over the last 3 and a half years, he has simply called me Zuzu.

Ok, so now that you understand that (don't worry, that was about as complicated as this post is going to get), Tazby is our own little conglomeration of "Timmy and Zuzu Baby". Some couples choose peanut or bean or squirt or some other cute size reference, but I am fairly confident in saying that I am currently carrying a one of a kind Tazby.

No comments: