Tuesday, May 15, 2007

UPDATES!

I know it's been a while since my last post. I certainly didn't mean to let it go this long, but thankfully I'm in the "honeymoon" period of my pregnancy and therefore don't have too many things to report on.

I recently switched doctors for convenience reasons and am thrilled with my new midwife (no, I'm not having an at-home, unmedicated birth...bring on the drugs as far as I'm concerned at this point!). Anyway, the point is, I'm really glad that I've switched and will be delivering at Brigham and Women's Hospital (yes, the same one where I was born!) I'm also pleased with the fact that I've only packed on 11.5 lbs. as of my 23 week appointment...not so bad from what I hear!

Tazby's doing great and she's moving like crazy these days. It's very reassuring to have a constant reminder that she's doing well and thriving in there. This Sunday was my very first Mother's Day (even though I'm only a mother-to-be I still think that I get to celebrate.) I have to say that the best part of the day was Tim finally being able to feel her kick. Lately, every time she's been kicking like crazy, I've tried to get him to feel it, but usually as soon as he gets close, she stops. This time though, she was running a marathon in there and he definitely didn't miss it. I can't wait until he starts feeling it more and more. Sometimes I feel bad that he doesn't get this time with her like I do. At least I know he'll be a wonderful father and probably never want to put her down! We also picked up some very cute baby things at Target. It's crazy to think that with medicine these days, if little Tazby was born today (knock on wood), there's a good chance that she would be just fine. I think I get more excited for her arrival every day. Also, my mom finally remembered that my due date was September 6th JUST LIKE MY LITTLE GIRL! WEIRD! I'm not sure why this blows me away, but it totally does.

I'd say the worst part about this time of the pregnancy is the allergies. I'm so used to popping a benadryl every night before bed when this time of year rolls around, but that's a no go for now so I'm living off of our new awesome ionic air filter...so far I have to give it a thumbs up. I'm sure you'll all be checking in every day for my allergy updates (yeah, right...I warned you that I didn't have much to report).

Unless, something miraculous happens in the next couple of days, my next post may just be about the ridiculously difficult time I've had finding a dress to fit my growing belly...that's ok though. It's worth it for our little girl! Happy Mother's Day to all you mommies and mommies-to be! You deserve it!

No comments: