Monday, April 9, 2007

I do have intuition!

I hate to brag about myself (ok, not really :-) ) , but I have to say I was pretty darn proud of my motherly instinct when the doctor confirmed to us this morning at our 18.5 week utrasound that we are, in fact, having OUR OWN LITTLE GIRL! Over the last couple of days, I was preparing myself to learn that we were expecting a little boy just because the possibility has been so far off my radar, it almost shocked me when the doc told us it was a girl.

Now, I can't say that it's 100% certain as our little girl wasn't being entirely cooperative for the ultrasound techs. Like a good little girl, she was keeping her legs closed (Lord, please let that habit continue for the next 25 years!) I'm not worried though, to us it was just an extra confirmation of what I've known for almost 5 months now...IT'S A GIRL!

It's incredibly surreal to actually know what our little baby is going to be, but I just couldn't be more excited. I know my husband is just going to make the best dad and that our daughter is going to have him wrapped around her little finger from the moment she makes her entrance into this world (I'm even pretty comfortable saying that she already has him completely wrapped up even where she is right now!). Let me just say, watch out future boyfriends because he already has plans to scare you away...For my husband's perspective, check out his blog!

I just pray God keeps his eye on our little girl...she deserves it.

No comments: