Thursday, August 30, 2007

Scary Baby!

As my work day was wrapping up yesterday, I came to the realization that I hadn't felt Tazby move for almost all of the day. Now, I can't emphasize enough what an incredibly active baby we have here. I didn't want to be alarmed, but my midwife is always telling me that the baby should never slow down (which is what some people say will happen as you near your due date).

So, I gave my doctor's office a call, but of course by now it was after hours so I was connected with Brigham and Women's and the midwife there said they wanted me to come in and get monitored right away. I called Timmy and told him what was going on, but that everything was probably fine. He sounded so nervous I think he probably had enough adrenaline to run to the hospital faster than he could drive.

I hopped in a cab and went straight to the hospital. They took great care of me and immediately hooked me up to a bunch of monitors to track Tazby's little heartbeat and my contractions. It took her a little while, but after 3 glasses of apple juice, our little girl was back to her normal rambunctious self. Timmy raced to the hospital (even offering to get our labor and delivery bag from home on the way...I told him we wouldn't need it) and he was great at reassuring me that I had done the right thing by getting us both checked out.

Long story short, every thing's great. She's even been overly active today (which is much more reassuring than bothersome right now). I think it might have something to do with the stern talking-to Timmy gave her last night (don't worry, he read her a book right after :-) My midwife even called me at home before work this morning so she could have me come in and get monitored at my usual doc's office just for extra reassurance. Everything looked great. Despite the scare she gave us, she really came through in the end. I couldn't be happier or more relieved.

Only one more week to go until the big due date! Come on little Tazby!

No comments: