Friday, May 9, 2008

Getting Caught Up

I've been negligent on my posting for the last few weeks. Tim was super busy at work for a few weeks in there and I was doing a lot of baby duty. Things are starting to get back to normal though so I thought I owed everyone an update.

First (excuse the belatedness), here is a pic from Kacey's 7 month photo shoot:
These monthly updates have taken a difficult turn. Kacey now knows that she can grab the "month" sign and attempt to eat it. I think we'll have to be creative at 8 months so we have a chance to get some better shots. Also, check out her "getting ready to crawl pose" above. It may be about time to baby proof...

After a consultation with an occupational therapist at Children's Hospital, we found out that the muscles and tendons that connect her thumb to her palm are a little too tight (more so on her left hand than her right) hence the reason she's been having a little trouble with her pincer grasp. Yesterday we had splints made that she will wear at night until those muscles loosen up a little. Last night was her first night wearing them. All in all, it went fine. She awoke a few times, unable to grab her own pacifier, but I'm certain she'll get used to them pretty soon. She's such a trooper.

No comments: