Monday, December 31, 2007

Kickin' it into gear...

Well, I'm gearing up to head back to work next week. I'm pretty nervous about it on the whole. While I'm excited to see everyone and actually do the work again, I'm not excited to not spend everyday with Kacey anymore. I know it will be what is best for all of us, but I'm sure I'm going to miss her a whole heck of a lot. I'm also only working 4 days a week so Fridays and the weekends I'll be able to be with her all day.

I feel fortunate that my parents will be watching her so they can stop by the office and let me see her in the middle of the day. I'm trying to just enjoy every moment with her now instead of dwelling on how hard it will be leaving her everyday. I'm sure it will get easier as the time goes on though. I just need to remember that I'm not going to leave one day and return to a teenager.

And now that she's teething, sometimes I think, heck, a break every day might not be all that bad :-)

Here is my favorite recent picture of the little one:

1 comment: