Thursday, October 11, 2007

Oh how the time flies!


I just can't believe my little girl is already 23 days old! She is just the most miraculous thing that has ever happened to me. I can't even put into words how much I adore our little family. It's certainly been a crazy first 3 weeks, but we get more used to one another with each moment together.

Well, here's just a quick synopsis of the last few weeks. So far we've seen our pediatrician three times. As of last Wednesday (2 weeks and 1 day old) she has gained 4 oz. from her birth weight and grown 2 inches! And that was up 12 oz. from just 6 days earlier! She really is thriving which I'm so happy with. Nursing is going really well and I'm so happy that I stuck with it even when it was incredibly painful and difficult. It's so worth it now. I really hope we can keep it up. Sleeping is going well. We're tired, but she's a good sleeper so we appreciate what we do get. She's usually only up one or two times in the middle of the night. My mommy confidence is improving each day.

I love watching her sleep (looks just like her dad when she's totally zonked out and is totally adorable). And she makes the cutest faces and smiles at us. Although I suspect it is just gas at least some of the time, that doesn't make it any less sweet. She's just a great baby. Even survived 2 BC football tailgates so far. So basically, we're just totally loving her to pieces all the time. I hope time slows down soon though. I know before I know it, she's going to be a toddler running around and raisin' hell and I'm sure we'll be loving every minute of that too.

No comments: