Thursday, March 29, 2007

And on a side note...

Ok, so tomorrow, I promise there will be an all new, very exciting pregnancy related post. It's guaranteed to be one of the top two posts I've ever written, but for the moment, I'm going to go on a bit of a tangent (albeit a very important one)

I just wanted to take a few minutes to say a little something about how incredibly proud I am of my husband. Today he officially completed 365 consecutive days of running more than 2 miles. Ok, so stop and process that for a moment. Sometimes I have to. Every single day since March of last year, he has tied on his New Balances and hit the pavement. Most of us can barely get our butt to the gym 3 days a week without running through a myriad of excuses in a feable attempt to remain lazy, but not Timmy. He has run on our wedding day, on every day of our beautiful Hawaiian honeymoon, on the day we found out about Tazby. He's run through cities all over the country and through airports when there was no other time in the day except when while waiting for a flight. He's run through heat waves and snowstorms and everything in between. There were good runs and there were bad ones, and I never heard on excuse.

So, skeptics may say (and he hears this from not runners everyday) that this kind of thing isn't healthy and is actually not good for your body, but when he hit 365 today, he knew he had accomplished something, something important, no matter who agreed or disagreed. And tomorrow, tomorrow will be another run because he knows that there are streaks to be beaten and goals to be reached and he's just not ready to stop. I can't even tell you how proud I am of him....I'm not sure my words could even adequately explain that him....

For more info on the phenomena of running streakers, I highly suggest www.runeveryday.com

Remember to check back tomorrow for baby stuff! Start getting excited now!

No comments: